Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lakeview Terrace


- 2 1/2 Eberts

I got this movie at the library and had just finished watching it and thought it was pretty good. Then I went to read Roger's review and was shocked to see that he gave it 4 stars. It was a pretty decent thriller but not much more than that.
It was evident pretty early that Abel was disturbed. I knew that he was going to continue on this path until the movie ended, probably with him dead.
The whole racial thing was was kind of gimmicky to me. Chris and Lisa should have put a for sale sign on their lawn that first week because they lived next store to a nut. The only reason they didn't was because the movie needed them there.
The way I judge a four star movie is when I see one, I know I would like to watch it again right away. I also know that I am going to be watching that movie many more times (hopefully) during my life. I've seen Lakeview Terrace once, and that was probably enough.
Sometimes I think Roger must use a dart board to come up with his ratings.

0 comments: