Friday, February 19, 2010

Shutter Island (2010)


- 4 Eberts

I wasn’t expecting that much from this movie. Most of the critics seemed like they were down on it. Some said it was too predictable and others said it was too hard to follow. I thought it was really well done.
As a mystery, as a thriller, as a Hitchcock homage – it all worked for me. The tone of the movie was really a like lot Vertigo. For most of the movie I really had no idea what was going on.
I thought it was beautifully filmed and the acting was tremendous. Leonardo DiCaprio just keeps getting better and better and I can watch Ben Kingsley in anything. And I loved the performance by Max von Sydow.
I also really, really liked the ending.
I think I even liked the movie a little bit more than Roger who gave it 3 and 1/2 stars in his review.

0 comments: