Sunday, July 5, 2020

Cloud Atlas (2012)



I've seen the movie twice now, and I still don't know what to make of it, except I really think it is probably a great movie. Not sure yet, but I really think so. It was not a tremendously reviewed movie with only a 55 score on Metacritics.

The actors led by Tom Hanks, Halle Berry , Jim Broadbent all play a variety of characters in six inter-connected stories (two in the past, one in the present, and two in the future) that take place over five centuries.




In the film what happens in one story has ripple effects in to the other future stories. So the film is a little hard to follow because what happens in one story not only effects the future in that time period, but also affects the stories in the future.

 Needs to be seen more than twice, but I think it will eventually emerge as one of my favorite movies.



0 comments: