Monday, March 23, 2020

Vertigo (1958)



I watched the restored version of Vertigo,and I think I can finally understand how it was voted the #1 movie of all time, by the most prestigious film poll, Sight and Sound, in 2012. Vertigo replaced Citizen Kane, which had previously been on top.


I think I now have to place Hitchcock on the top of my list as the best director of all time. I have eight of his movies ranked as 10/10 which is probably more than any other director (Rear Window, Psycho, North by Northwest, Vertigo, Dial M  for Murder, Rebecca, Strangers on a Train, Notorious, Shadow of a Doubt, Foreign Correspondant, and Saboteur). And then I have 18 of his other movies rated 7.0 or higher.

Great story, great acting, great music, great color (with the restoration) and great pacing. Vertigo was a great movie by the greatest director of all time.



0 comments: