Friday, February 27, 2009

The Honeymooners (2005)


- 2 Eberts

I had heard this was one of Roger's worst reviews. He had given it 3 stars. The IMDB rating on this was 2.5 (out of 10). It was a remake of one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I knew I wasn't going to like it. I felt I had to watch it if I was going to include it in Roger's worst ratings. I wasn't looking forward to it but someone had to do it. I was wrong. I actually ended up thinking it was pretty decent.
It had a certain sweetness to it that the original TV show had. The actors didn't try to imitate Ralph and Norton, but they did try to stay true to the characters. Alice and Ralph fight all the time but you know they still love one another. It ended up being a pretty good homage to the original.
I thought Cedric the Entertainer was good and I really liked John Leguizamo. I can't really recommend this because there are so many movies out there that are better, but this really was much better than I thought it was going to be.

0 comments: