Monday, February 9, 2009

Beyond Bad


- 1 1/2 Eberts

I thought I would have to watch Max Max Beyond the Thunderdome (1985) since Roger gave it 4 stars and I remembered it as being so mediocre. So I sat through it again. It didn't get any better.
I've been wrong before so I decided to check online. I found the Top 100 Science Fiction Movies by the Online Film Critics Society. It had Mad Max at 71, but no sign of Thunderdome. I went to IMDB and it got a 5.8 rating, not too good.
I did think Tina Turner, the Thunderdome and the Master-Blaster looked good but the story was poor and the dialogue was horrible.
Roger's quote : "The fight between Mad Max and Master-Blaster is one of the great creative action scenes in the movies. " is one I'll bet he wishes he could take back. It was probably just a typo. He probably meant to say : "The fight between Mad Max and Master-Blaster is one of the action scenes in the movie. "

0 comments: