Saturday, January 31, 2009

Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)


- 3 Eberts

I figured I better watch this movie again, seeing as how Roger had rated it so high. I've seen bit and pieces of it but haven't seen the whole thing in years.

It was a good movie. Great? I didn't think so. It had two great comedic actors, Steve Martin and John Candy, but this movie didn't really tap into their talents. Both actors had to pretend to be serious for most of the movie and I don't think either of them, John Candy in particular, did it very well.

On their trip together everything that could go wrong did and there were some pretty funny situations.

I thought I might be missing something so I went to AFI's list of 100 best comedies (AFI Comedies) but Planes etc. wasn't there.

Good movie but not great

0 comments: