Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not Wanted


- 2 Eberts

The IMDB and Roger rating (3 stars) were pretty good so when my library got this, I brought it home. It was sort of a cross between The Matrix and Fight Club, although I thought both of those were much better.

Roger said :

“Wanted,” directed by a hot Russian actionmeister named Timur Bekmambetov,
is a film entire lacking in two organs I always appreciate in a movie: a heart
and a mind. It is mindless, heartless, preposterous. By the end of the film, we
can’t even believe the values the plot seems to believe, since the plot is
deceived right along with us. The way to enjoy this film is to put your logic on
hold, along with any higher sensitivities that might be vulnerable and immerse
yourself as if in a video game.

Roger makes some good points here, but I don't like video games, so I didn't like Wanted too much. Once again Roger shows his genius for putting himself into the body of the person who the movie is targeted for. Video game players and fifteen year old boys will want Wanted, for everyone else I wouldn't recommend it.

0 comments: